$Blog
 
   
Enter your Email

Thursday, February 22, 2007

The script is finally completed

Bismillah ar-Rahmaan ar-Raheem,

The script is finally completed. Last Friday, I met a Labid, a producer from tworams.com, and he gave me some valuable advise about Ummah Films. I emailed him a copy of the final script and hope to get his feedback InshAllah since he has 7 years of experience in the industry and I'm just a newbie.

With two people already casted, we just need to cast the rest of the characters and start putting together a crew to film this short InshAllah. In Islam, we are suppose to seek knowledge from those who are knowledgeable. So I found a person on craigslist.com who has an XL2 camera and can help us with the directing. I sent him an email and am awaiting his call.

Although we are filming in April, we want to be prepared and organized. I have heard that many movies never finish because people quit in the middle of the project. I can't say I blame them because if the project isn't organized, then there really isn't any point of working on chaos. As Muslims, we should not only be organized but we try to do things the best we can based on our resources. Now I don't expect a Steven Speilberg movie (once again, this is our first movie attempt) but we should try our best.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button